Thursday, July 29, 2010

Orks, Orks, Orks, Orks! WAAAGH!

For the month of July I had planned on finishing my first 10 Snakebites for my ork army. They were a fun challenge, to make regular Assault on Black Reach boyz look tribal and tough. I gave them a slightly darker hue than regular boyz, in keeping with the tradition that older, and tougher orks were darker than their younger, weedier bretheren.


From the arid wastes of the desert world Arkhan II (Pulled strictly from imagination), the Snakebite boyz of Warboss GrotStompa are ready to charge across the battlefield and take round after round on the chin for the chance to get to grips with the enemy. I'll be fielding them as 'Ard Boyz.


I'll be doing a step-by-step of how to paint my boyz at some point, as well as some of the upcoming units that I'll be painting for the Motivational Challenge on the Freebootaz forum. These guys are an example of my Level 3 paintjob, so they'd be costing about $4.00 each to get them commissioned.


Next month's work should include tau, done in a colour scheme contained in the codex, originally designed for the Bork'an sept. I'll be posting up a step-by-step with them as well, though this original case will be based off the guide found on the "All Things 40k" Blog.

For now, all I can say in parting is "WAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment